Young Breeders Sport Horse Educational Program and Dressage Clinic
Christian Schacht, DVM and Phil Silva
February 18- 21, 2011
FOUR FABULOUS DAYS AT:
Ten Broeck Farm
1 Old Farm Lane (49 Prescott Street)
Pepperell, MA 01463
DressageClinic.com who will be filming Sunday and Monday.
For more information or questions, contact Phil Silva (978) 877-6635 or email@example.com
February 18-20: Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Young Breeders Sport Horse Educational Program with Dr. Christian Schacht and Phil Silva
This clinic will teach working on the triangle, conformation, and free jumping. This will also include a classroom session.
Pre-register by 2/15 for the Clinic and save $15: three days $135 AND we’ll waive the $35 auditing fee for Monday
Register on 2/18: Clinic Fee is $135 for three days (you save $15)
Daily Clinic Fee: $50 per day
Auditors/parents/spectators welcome: non-participant auditing for three days $35
February 18, Saturday (late afternoon): Free Jumping Competition
Official Judge is Dr. Christian Schacht
(Young Breeder Participants will be able to compare their scores with the Official Judge)
Fees: Free Jumping Entry $125 each
Three age groups : 3 & 4 year old; 5&6 year old; 7and older
- 1st Place $200
- 2nd Place $100
- 3rd Place $ 33
*Due to liability issues, professional handlers will be mandatory for the jump chute.
February 21, Monday: Dressage Clinic with Dr. Christian Schacht
8 slots are available for riders.
Fees: Rides are $145.00 each.
Dressage Clinic $35
$35 a day and stalls are limited.
For more on D4K, visit www.dressage4kids.com
D4K Mission Statement:
To encourage riders under 21 to become true horsemen with correct position, competitive skills, and knowledge of all aspects of riding and horse care; to offer scholarships to enable competitors to further their education; to have fun and develop good sportsmanship throughout.
About Dr. Christian Schacht:
This prominent German veterinarian, breeder, trainer and riding instructor also holds the prestigious position of Breeding Director for the International Sporthorse Registry and Oldenburg Registry North America. In addition to judging at ISR/Oldenburg inspections, he uses his profound expertise in Germany as a licensed dressage and jumping judge.
Christian’s extensive background includes:
- Extensive experience breeding sporthorses including Trakehners, Thoroughbreds, Arabians, and Oldenburgs
- Breeding Director for the ISR/Oldenburg N.A., the largest Registry of its kind in North America
- Twice won the German Championship for student riders and led the rankings for several years for both Dressage and Combination in the student rider divisions.
- Has trained and competed horses in the disciplines of Eventing, Dressage and Show Jumping up to Prix St. George and 1.40 meters
- International Judge for the highest levels of competition
- Doctor of Veterinary medicine, 1993
- 3 Masters degrees in equine disciplines
- Published author of several books about riding and maintaining the soundness of horses, including “Pferdekankheiter” and “Pferde Longieren” (not yet available in English), as well as a new book (2011) on Conformation which will also be published in English.
About Phil Silva
Felisberto “Phil” Silva does all the in-hand training and equine transportation at Ten Broeck Farm, and has more than 20 years of experience in equine care, support, and trailering. He provides excellent in-hand work to prepare any horse for breedshows and inspections. He is also a pro in the show ring resulting in top performance and qualifies stallions in their stud books. Prior to starting Ten Broeck Farm, Phil was the barn manager at Tempus Fugit Farm in Amherst, NH.
Also, check out our other recent activities!